Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mizuno Wave Run review

Ran in the Mizuno Wave Run 10 km this morning. Arrived in Temasek Polytechnic at around 0630 and managed to find a parking lot 400 to 500 meters away from the starting point, which is at the Temasek Poly stadium. Get to meet some of the sgrunners kakis, preparing for this run. As for weather wise, it was a cooling sunday morning. Just the perfect weather condition for a morning run. The race started at around 0730, and everyone was running in a fast and furious pace. I managed to complete 5 km in 25 minutes. Almost ran out of breath for the second half of the 10 km. I crossed the finishing line just under 52 mins, its time for me to start incorporate intervals running to improve on my timing.

Overall, there were no major hiccups and a tremendous improvements in the organization in terms of baggage storage and running route (No more last minute route change). But there are also some areas needed to improve. Maybe more cups in the first water point (I took the NEW water bottle), the running route at around 3 km was too narrow (Should had close one lane of the road), and lastly to improve my timing.

Will definitely return for Mizuno Wave run 2009!

And finally got my sundown ultramarathon finisher certificate.

My sundown ultramarathon cert

Sgrunner's group photos

End of race photo

No comments: